Saturday, October 22, 2011

Black Eye

Jackson is in preschool.  This past week was Picture Day.  Two days before picture day, Jackson is playing in another room.  I hear running followed by a thunk, then followed by crying.

Now if you have kids, you know there are several different kinds of crying.  To go into the number of different cries would require a crazy amount of time.  Lets just say as a parent, you know all the different cries your own kids have.

The crying that commences is definitely the hurt cry.  I go running in there with Cullen on my hip to find Jackson on the floor.  After the calming down period, I'm able to discern what and where he is trying to tell me hurts.  I immediately see his eye turning black and blue already.  This all took place within the matter of 30 seconds.  Seeing as I'm an American Red Cross instructor and teach people lifesaving skills, I knew instantly it was going to be bad.  The ice goes on, and the complaining of it being cold starts.  Yep, he's going to be just fine.

When my husband gets home, I show him the eye.  The first thing out of his mouth is, "Oh and picture day is this week."  That's when I realized he would be having a nice black eye for his 2 year old class picture. 

What can I say?  My son loves to make things memorable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment