Tuesday, October 25, 2011

They're boys

Being a female, many things boys and men do escape me.  My boys do things, even as a toddler and one year old, I don't quite understand.  I try to make sense of some things but can't.  I ask my husband about some odd behavior; he looks at me shrugs and says, "They're boys."  I am supposed to accept that as a reason and move on?  Hmmm....

Here are just a few examples that have happened recently:

1) Cullen flipping over the laundry basket, climbing on top of it, then proceeding to try to climb over the back of the couch.  Yes people, he is 1.

2)  Jackson instantly thinking he is a football/baseball player because we happen to be watching a game on TV.  This usually encompasses him grabbing a football or baseball and bat, and proceeding to mimic whatever is on the screen.  Tackling, running, throwing, and hitting included.

3) Jackson feeling to the need to climb on top of the furniture and jump from piece to piece with no regard.

4)  The need of my boys to wrestle with each other.  My boys referring to all three men in my life, Andrew, Jackson and Cullen.  And it doesn't matter where they are.

I've come to the conclusion there are a lot of things that go on in my house I will not understand.  I am slowly coming to accept this as fact.  And maybe, just maybe, Andrew might be right.  They're boys.  It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment