Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cullen's 1st Birthday

Cullen's 1st Birthday was yesterday.  It was as first birthday's should be memorable, easy, and low key.  There was no huge celebration or gathering, just Andrew, Jackson, Cullen, and I.

Cullen's birthday wouldn't be special without cake or cupcakes in this case!  I made chocolate cupcakes with cookies and cream butter cream icing from scratch!  I was quite proud of myself.  Cullen loved the icing but was not a fan of the cupcake itself.  Jackson ate half of his cupcake which is great for him.  No icing was smeared everywhere but we got some cute pictures.

Andrew and I started to reminisce about Cullen's pregnancy and birth. Cullen was a wonderful surprise baby. We had always planned on having another child, but Cullen took us a little by surprise. We hadn't planned on having our children so close together. After the initial shock of realizing I was pregnant again, we took everything in stride. He and I knew what to expect this go around. Cullen's birth was another surprise from him. He was a little over two weeks early and born on a Friday night.  As rest of the newborn stage is somewhat a blur from lack of sleep, I will just say Cullen was a totally different baby from Jackson.  The saying "no two kids are alike" definitely rang true in my house.

As I remember all of these things, I embrace what a miracle my two children are. I hope and pray they grow up to be strong, good men like their father.

No comments:

Post a Comment