Thursday, February 23, 2012

Accusations Flying

Jackson woke up from his nap fairly early yesterday, so he and I were hanging out in the living room while Cullen still slept.

Jackson was happily playing with his cars on the floor when I heard a loud passing of gas come from him.  I leaned over the chair and said, "Jackson, did you toot?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Say excuse me," I said.

"Scuse me," Jackson said and went back to playing with his cars.

Two minutes later, I hear another loud passing of gas coming from the floor.  "Jackson, did you toot again?" I asked.

Jackson looks up at me and says with a straight face, "No, Mommy tooted."

I was so flabbergasted that he had the nerve to accuse me of tooting I said indignantly, "I did not! Now say excuse me."

He just looked at me with a big smile and said, "Scuse me."

When did this male gene kick in?  I couldn't believe he did it when no one else was in the room with us.  Of course, its not the first time he's done it.  Jackson usually tells Andrew, "Daddy, Mommy tooted," while I'm in another room.  Andrew just laughs.  I think this just gave me a small glimpse of what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment