Thursday, February 2, 2012

What just came out of my mouth?

Since the boys were born, a few statements have become staples in my daily dialogue.  Some of the most common are...

"No."
"Get down from there."
"No touch."
"Get off."
"Put it down."

Are you starting to understand what I'm talking about out?  If not, you probably don't have children or pets.  Yes, the same things (usually more of one word commands) are said to my two dogs as well.

Tuesday, I said something I never thought I would hear come out of my mouth.  I soon as I said it I busted out laughing because I know if any other adult would have been around they would have laughed as well.  Even thinking back, it brings a smile to my face.

Cullen is my climber.  He's more of a climber than Jackson ever was.  With Jackson, I only had to tell him once or twice not to climb on something, and he would listen.  Cullen's hearing skills are excellent; his listening skills feel nonexistent most of the time.  I can't tell you how many times I've caught him on top of the kitchen table.  Even when all the chairs are pushed in, he finds a way up.  I caught him dancing up there one day.  He's mastered kitchen chairs, window seats, stairs (both up and down), toy chests, and a multitude of other objects.  I was in the kitchen cooking dinner when I looked over to check on the boys.  Cullen had climbed on top of the entertainment unit (which is a good 3 feet off the ground).  I then said...

"Cullen, do not lick the TV!"

Really!  What kind of normal person says don't lick the TV?  Me, apparently.  Although, my claims on normality vary day to day.

Here's a quick picture of the end result of one of Cullen's many climbing adventures.  He's actually gotten quite good with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment