Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekly Recap

It's been another one of "those" weeks.  Things seem to be going fairly normal, then all hell breaks loose and I'm trying to pick up the pieces.

Mea, our older cocker spaniel, hurt her a disk in her back two weeks ago.  She was fine when I left the house.  When I came back, she was hurt.  She's been steroids for almost two weeks.  I had to take her in for a check up with both boys.  It was crazy in the vet's office, but Mea is feeling better just 100 percent.  With her back still hurt, Mea is not allowed to jump, climb stairs or get up on anything.  Andrew and I have to carry her up and down the porch stairs every time she needs to go out.  Lucky for her, we brave the rain/wind/cold in order to ensure she follows doctor's orders.

Mea has also been being locked up when I leave to ensure she doesn't jump on the kitchen table (yes, we're pretty sure that is how the injury happened).  She is not a fan of losing her freedom and expressed her feelings by eating half a box of tampons while I was out this morning.

Jackson lost a fight to a laundry basket and has the wound to prove it.  One of these days, he's going to listen to me when I say, "Don't do that.  You're going to get hurt."  Alas, my warning was not heeded this time.  He has a lovely mark from mouth to ear along his jaw line where the laundry basket put its final blow in.

Cullen's last molar broke through this week.  He was up some nights which made for fantastically tired parents until it broke.  Fingers crossed, he will not be breaking any more teeth in the near future.  Mom and Dad desperately need sleep!

Two of our nice glasses broke in the dishwasher yesterday.  Yes, glasses can be replaced but it was disappointing.  A splash of danger was added when Jackson tried to grab a broken glass when helping me unload the dishwasher.  Mom speed out maneuvered him and intercepted said glass.  Crisis averted.

Cullen beat me downstairs by two minutes the other day.  In those two minutes, he managed to push a kitchen chair over to the refrigerator, climb on top the chair, and hit the water and ice buttons on the frig.  He was so excited to discover this new fun toy!  He kept pressing and pressing the buttons leaving water everywhere.  I was not too excited about his discovery and locked the buttons down.  I have to give him props for thinking to do this.  I wouldn't have thought he would discover it for a little while longer.  Guess he proved me wrong!

All things considered, it was a busy but good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment