Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who's bleeding?

Last night after dinner, the boys were in a "ants in the pants" mood.  Neither one of them could keep still longer than 3 seconds.  I think I was climbed on, jumped on, stood on, and sat on about a hundred times between dinner and bath times.  When have I become a jungle gym?

As the climbing, jumping, etc, was going on, Andrew quickly says, "Emily, come here."  I go into the kitchen to find him crouched down looking at something on the floor.  He says, "I think this is blood.  Who's bleeding?"  My first thought was, "Really?!"

Andrew and I found another spot of blood about a foot away and started quickly searching for the culprit.  I check each dogs' mouth and bottom.  I can't find anything on the dogs.  Andrew rechecks the dogs while I'm turning around to check on the kids.  After all the activity those two were up to, it would not surprise me to find one bleeding.

After taking two steps in the boys direction, I hear Andrew say, matter of factly, "Oh, it's me."  I turn around to see Andrew's toe bleeding.  I immediately stop what I'm doing and double over laughing.  I laughed for a good couple of minutes straight, then some more when Jackson started imitating me laughing. 

All that panic because Andrew didn't even know he was bleeding.  Of course I quickly smiled and said, "That's going on the blog!"  Love you Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment