Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Explicit Language

 I'm preempting this post with a warning.  Not all of you will find the amusement I found when this happened.  So you are forewarned....

On Monday, I had to pick up Andrew at work.  We had go get his car from the dealership after having some work done.  I packed up the kids, and we headed off.  I was almost to Andrew's office building when I had to suddenly stop at a red light.  It was one of those I knew I wouldn't be able to make, but it happened so quickly I had to hit the brakes fast.

As soon as the car stopped, Jackson pipes up from the backseat with, "God damn it!"

At first I was shocked he said it, then I had to force myself not to laugh.  I really wasn't expecting that phrase to come out of my two and half year old's mouth!

"Jackson, you do not say that.  Those are grown upwords, and you are not allowed to say them," I said leaning into the backseat.

"Yes, ma'am," Jackson says with a big smile on his face.

Later that night when we were home, I told Andrew what Jackson said.  He just looks at me and says, "I wonder where he learned that from."  Insert heavy sarcasm, a dry look on his face, and an eye roll.

My answer to him, "Well, it could have been worse.  I've been really good lately."

Yes, my son took the Lord's name in vain as well as used explicit language.  I'm not even going to pretend he didn't learn it from me.  I'm not a perfect mom.  Okay, I'm not even close to perfect or great or good.  I'm me.  I raise my kids to the best of my abilities and hope for the best.  But at least I can claim I love my kids with all my heart.  In the end, that's all that matters to me.  And I got a good laugh out of the whole thing.  I just made sure I didn't laugh in front of Jackson!

No comments:

Post a Comment