Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Introduction to being a Man

It's been a long time since I've blogged!  I actually have a good excuse.  Andrew, Jackson, Cullen and I took a road trip last week and part of this week to Louisiana for family visits.  I'll have a longer post on are adventure later this week.  Here is a quick story from the drive home.

Jackson and Cullen had been really good on the 8+ hour car ride home.  We were in the home stretch of the last hour when Jackson decided he needed to use the potty.  I was driving in the middle of nowhere.  We were about 10 minutes past a town and at least another 20 from the next.  I generously broke the speed limit hoping to make it to a gas station or fast food place.

Five minutes later, Jackson started whining and saying he really needed to go.  Andrew and I knew we weren't going to make it, so I pulled over on the side of the road.

Andrew hopped out and got Jackson out.  He whipped his pants down and said, "Ok Jackson, pee in the grass."  Jackson immediately started peeing on the side of the road.  He was so excited!  And ended it up with, "I did it!"

We got loaded back up and finished our long journey home.  As Andrew said, "Jackson is a man now.  He peed on the side of the road."  Gotta love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment