Monday, April 16, 2012

The Stomach Virus Strikes!

I know I've been bad about not posting lately.  I have a valid excuse.  We returned from our Louisiana trip (which I will post about this week), and everyone in my household gets sick, including me! Yuck!

It started the day after we got home, Tuesday night.  Cullen threw up in his crib after we put him down.  It was disgusting.  Andrew and I were tag teaming to clean up the mess while the other is holding Cullen making sure he got it all out of his system.  It was my turn to hold Cullen, and my stomach starts to roll.  Luckily, nothing happened but poor Cullen got sick again in the middle of the night.  He was also sick all day on Wednesday.

As Cullen started to feel better, I received a call from preschool on Friday saying Jackson has a fever.  Wonderful.  Seeing as we were at the dentist, Andrew picked him up since he was finished first.  Jackson got sick Friday but was feeling back to his normal self on Saturday.  I could tell because his appetite came back with a vengence.

Poor Andrew probably had it the worse.  All Friday night and Saturday he was sick.  I think he lost 15 pounds in a 24 hour period.  And on top of all of it, Andrew's birthday was Saturday, so we never got a chance to celebrate it.  I felt horrible for him!

As for me, I was sick Tuesday through Saturday.  Andrew had to come home early one day just so I could go to bed, relax, and sleep.  I still wasn't better, but seeing as everyone else was sick, I took care of them.  It was not fun.

We did not do anything this weekend but try to recover from the stomach virus that hit us hard.  I still can't believe it took all of us out in a matter of days.  Poor Cullen is still having some residual effects, but he's being a trooper.  Andrew is back at work, and Jackson is back at school.  I'm trying to put our household back together which is becoming difficult.  I never really finished unpacking from our trip, then every one got sick, so my house looks like a hurricane hit it.  Cleaning is not my favorite task, but right now tackling the house seems immensely overwhelming.  I guess I'll take it one room at a time.  It's the only way I can see getting my house back into the resemblence of the organized chaos it usually is.

As for our trip, a wrap up will get posted this week on the condition everyone stays healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment