Friday, March 22, 2013

High Tides Ahead

This morning I was feeding Sawyer when I told Jackson to get dressed for preschool.  He always asks if its too warm or too cold.  I headed him off saying, "It's going to be warm today so wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt."  Of course he comes back saying he wants to wear jeans.  I didn't feel it was worth the argument this morning, so I just ok'd it.

After a few minutes and a trip to the potty with Cullen, Jackson walks into the kitchen asking me to button his pants.  Now, I've known he's needed new pants for awhile.  I just haven't had the time to buy him some.

I get a good look at his jeans and notice they are well above his ankle.  He could easily go out into a flood and not get his pants wet.  They are beyond my line of  'I can get away with it' and crossed far into 'I cannot let my child wear this out public.'  We were definitely prepared for the possibility of torrential rains hitting our drought ridden area.

I told him there was no possible way he could wear jeans today.  That went over about as well as a brick in snow.  Especially since I already told him he could wear jeans.  After several minutes of my patience being tested beyond the limit I was willing to tolerate, we finally compromised on his LSU shirt and LSU shorts.  It seems like athletic shorts have become a favorite.

After our high tide debacle, I go back into the kitchen to check on Sawyer to find Cullen with only a shirt on.  Yes, nothing but a shirt and socks.  After chasing him down and wrestling him into clothes, I realized it was only 8:15 in the morning.

It was 8:15am and I was seriously considering this day a loss and just cracking open a drink.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), my conscious kicked in, and I eventually got both older ones off to preschool.

Now, it is my duty to go buy two of my sons appropriate clothes that fit.  At least with Sawyer, I still have plenty of hand-me-downs for him to wear.  It's one of the benefits to having all boys!  And the good thing is, not even holes in clothes stop the boys from wearing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment