Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Spring Break

This week was spring break for the kids' preschool.  Surprisingly, it hasn't been horrible.

So what have we done this week?  Potty training.

Yes, I took on the task of potty training Cullen this week.  We started on Sunday, not Saturday, since Andrew had been out of town on business.  It has been going fairly well.  Cullen's had accidents, which is normal, but I haven't wanted to beat my head against the wall either.

Either Cullen has been easier or my expectations are so low from my previous experience, it feels easier.  My guess is on the latter.  I had a lot of skepticism going into this. Potty training Jackson was not a walk in the park. It took a long time. By the time it clicked, I was considering leaving him in diapers until grade school. I still have to remind him to stop playing some times. It's not that he doesn't know what to do or what is going on; it's the fact he's too busy or having too much fun to stop and do his business.

Cullen is getting with the program.  I'm thankful he's staying clean and dry during naps and at night.  When Andrew and I decided to do it again, we went straight to underwear just like we did with Jackson.  No point in pull ups if they don't look or feel anything like underwear, even at nap and at night.  So far, he's been pretty good.  His 'dance' for when he goes is pretty funny too.

Potty training, in my mind, is worse than those sleepless nights.  At least with lack of sleep, caffeine helps.  With potty training, I just end up elbow deep in nastiness and doing a lot more laundry.  And being stuck at home when I would have rather taken the kids to the park more often.  That's what an imagination, a back yard, and bikes are for!

Here's to my spring break!  I definitely would rather have gone on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment