Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not what I anticipated in the morning

I woke up this morning to find Cullen looking like Quasimodo with one eye very swollen and red.  He had walked into our bedroom at 6:10am, and Andrew grabbed him and pulled him up on the bed.  Which is pretty usual for us if the kids decided to wake up before our alarms go off.

I eventually made my way into the bathroom when Cullen followed me.  I look in the mirror to find Quasimodo starring back at me with a sort of smile on his face because he was not awake yet.

I grabbed him and sat him up on the counter to get a better look.  The eye was definitely swollen.  He also had a nice pocket of gunk in the corner of his eye and gunk stuck in his eyelashes.  I grabbed my washcloth and started cleaning.  After I finally got all the gunk out, I told Andrew he probably had pink eye.

Andrew, still half asleep, walks into the bathroom to look at Cullen.  He agrees with me about needing to go see the doctor.  After a short discussion, Andrew gets ready so he can be at the doctor's office as soon as they open the walk-in clinic.   I'll be bringing Jackson to preschool and keeping Sawyer.

I love our pediatrician's office.  They have a walk-in clinic every weekday from 8am-10am.  If your kids wakes up sick, you can just bring them in without an appointment first thing.  Of course, it's first come, first serve, but you are guaranteed to be seen.  Awesome, right?!

Andrew ended up being the first one there, and no surprise, Cullen has bacterial conjunctivitis or pink eye.  He now gets eye drops twice a day.  And he is not one of those kids that are easy to put eye drops in his eyes.  I had to sit on him trapping his arms and legs, then peel his Quasimodo eye open amongst much drama.

Unfortunately, Cullen is missing his Easter Egg Hunt at preschool.  I was disappointed, but Jackson will be able to hunt.  Only 24 hours before he's not contagious.  Pray no one else gets it.  We don't need a household of pink eye for Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment