Monday, May 6, 2013

Healthy, I am not.

I've been down and out for a few days.  And I mean out of commission and feeling miserable.

The week Andrew was out of town, Sawyer caught a cold.  Not a serious cold, but a runny nose and sneezing kind of cold.  He was kind enough to sneeze in my mouth.  My kids love to share!

Normally when the kids get sick, I don't get sick.  I'm around them all the time hence have picked up quite a strong immune system.  As my cold was slowly winding, Andrew catches it when he gets home.  Yet again, look at all this sharing!

Last week, Andrew had a minor cold, and mine was practically gone.  Queue a serious cold front which dropped the temperature from 90 degrees to 50 degrees in a matter of hours and was blowing wind 25-45 mph.

All of the sudden, my cold came back with a vengeance.  It could be due to the temperature change or the wind whipping up all the damn allergens in this area.  Who knows?!  I start taking Sudafed again on Thursday.  Friday rolls around, I'm still not feeling better.  In fact, I felt worse.  Friday afternoon, my sinuses started pounding in the side of my face.  I started sipping tea with honey hoping a good night's sleep would put this bad boy virus back down.

Not so much.

A night's sleep alluded me because Cullen kept waking up, and I stayed awake because of the sinus pressure was getting more painful.  Saturday, I felt like someone hit me in the side of the face with a thick hard back book.  I was taking Advil and Sudafed.  Nothing seemed to phase it.  I pushed on thinking it would get better.

Pain woke me up Sunday at 5am.  I was crying in bed; I was so miserable.  I put ice on my face hoping to numb it and bring down the slight swelling.  I made up my mind to go into an urgent care clinic that morning because I knew something was seriously wrong.

I went into an urgent care clinic as soon as it opened saw a doctor within 10 minutes.  I was diagnose with a sinus infection and given two prescriptions to fill with orders to take Mucinex D and Advil/Tylenol as needed.  I had orders to call the doctor if the sinus pressure was not gone by tomorrow morning.  I pretty much stayed seated or in bed the rest of the day.  I was miserable.

And to end all ends, I woke up this morning with pressure and pain still in my sinuses (although significantly less).  I had to call the doctor back up.  I was given another prescription for steroids.

To sum it all up, 1 sinus infection = 3 prescription drugs and 2 over the counter drugs.  At least when I get sick, I make sure I go all out!  Luckily, Andrew told me he was staying home from work on Monday so I could rest.  Yes, I didn't have a choice.  I was told what he was going to do.  Why you may ask?  Because according to him, I wouldn't ask for help and push myself past my breaking point.  This would end up with me getting worse and him getting mad I did it.  I don't know what he's talking about.  I'm the perfect patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment