Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sawyer's getting glasses

This morning Sawyer had another appointment with the Pediatric Ophthalmologist.  After watching him for a couple months to see if his eyes would get any better, he determined it's time to intervene.  In case you haven't been following, Sawyer has Strabismus.  Both of his eyes cross inward about 12-15 degrees.

In essence, Sawyer gets to wear glasses.  I'll go tomorrow after dropping Jackson and Cullen at preschool to get them.  He's getting special Miraflex frames made for kids and babies.

Sawyer also gets to wear a patch over his right eye for 1 hour everyday.  His right eye is starting to become more dominant.  In order to ensure Sawyer is using his left eye, the right one is being patched.  I'll have a pirate for an hour a day!  Argh Matey!

As soon as I get the glasses, pictures will be posted.  I will be documenting all of this so I can show Sawyer in years to come.

Sawyer will go back to the Ophthalmologist in a month to see if his eyes are any better.  He's not optimistic the glasses will work.  They rarely work in kids with his condition, but he wants to try before discussing surgical options which would be the next step.  That's that.

On a good note, my allergic reaction rash to amoxicillin has diminished.  I can still see parts of it, but unless a stranger looked really close, it can't be seen.  Thank goodness!  That is not something I want to have to go through again.

No comments:

Post a Comment