Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jackson turned 5!

Jackson turned 5 years old this past Saturday.  I can't believe it!  My oldest is a whole hand!

We threw him a birthday party at the house.  I rented a bouncy house, and Andrew grilled hot dogs for the kids.  It was a huge success, and it was the easiest party to throw.  I chatted it up with some moms from Jackson's Pre-K class and some friends of mine from school.  With the exception of the rain shower that decided to land on us when Jackson's party started, all the kids had a good time.

For me, the past five years have flown by.  I still remember waking up with labor pains, and my wonderful husband handing me his watch telling me to time it and wake him up if I'm in labor.  Someone had a lot of fun the night before and was paying for it that morning.  Everything is still crystal clear as though it just happened yesterday.  Instead, it happened five years ago and Jackson will be starting Kindergarten in a few months.

Andrew and I decided to start a new tradition on birthdays.  We are marking off height on the inside of a closet door.  Since we'll be in this house for awhile, we decided to make it our own.


No comments:

Post a Comment