Thursday, May 29, 2014

Spelling Sin

At dinner two nights ago, an unexpected subject came up.

"Mom and Dad, I can spell sin," Jackson stated.

"Oh, really," Andrew said.

Meanwhile, I was chuckling under my breath.  I can't even remember telling Jackson what exactly a sin was.  I didn't think I had started on the good ol' Catholic guilt already.

"Yes, Sin is S-O-N" Jackson said very seriously.

OK at this point, I totally lost it.  I was laughing out loud.  I mean my son just told me he could spell sin and spelled son.  How is that not funny?!  It is true also on so many different levels that my mind went wild will all the possibilities of how much his statement was true.

As much as Andrew thought this was funny, he kicked me under the table and told me to stop laughing at our son.  I couldn't.  Andrew couldn't not smile and was doing his best not to laugh.  He was just being a heck of a lot more successful than I was.

"You know. Sin as in Jackson.  S-O-N.  That's how you spell it," Jackson finished.

We went on to tell him Jackson and Sin were not spelled the same.  I still think about this conversation and laugh.  It's just too funny.  Sin and Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment