Friday, May 9, 2014

Prom and a Wedding

On a very rare date night, Andrew and I went to dinner last Saturday.

As we were being seated, a large group of formally dressed teenagers were at a table beside us.  I looked over at Andrew and asked, "Is it prom season?"  After a bit of discussion, we concluded yes it was prom season.  Which brought on another round of funny memories for both of us.

Coincidentally, Andrew only went to his junior prom, and I only went to my senior prom.  This happened to be the same year since I married a 'younger man.'  The cougar that I am!  As we looked upon the group of teens enjoying themselves to a nice night out, I noticed not many things have changed.

The same tuxes were worn with Oakley's hanging off the back of the guys' heads.  Similar formal dresses were worn by the girls.  Similar formal hair curled and hair sprayed to perfection sat on top their heads.  I did feel sorry for the girl who was wearing 6 inch heels and could barely walk out of the restaurant because her feet were going to be killing her by the end of the night.

"You do realize we are actually closer to Jackson's prom than we are ours anymore?" Andrew said out of nowhere.

And just like that, my bubble burst.  Holy hell, were did the time go?!  My prom was back in 1999.  It doesn't seem that far away, but in reality, that's 15 years.  I refuse to get into the mindset that I am old, but when Andrew brings up that tid bit, I realize how much time has gone by.  A little crazy to think about.

And on another note, I would formally like to announce Jackson is getting married.  He told me this week he was marrying a little girl in his class named Olly.  Apparently, these two have been playing for awhile and decided to get married.  Olly's mom has confirmed this, and we both had a good laugh about it.  And Jackson also told me kissing is yucky this morning.  So he will be getting married with no kissing.  Seems like he is getting the wrong end of the deal to me.  Ahhh, young love!

No comments:

Post a Comment