Saturday, December 17, 2011

Andrew Graduated with His MBA!

It has been a long time coming, but it is finally official.  Andrew graduated with his MBA from Texas State University!  He and I are absolutely ecstatic about this!  It has been a two kids and 2 1/2 years in the making, but it is done.

Andrew and I went to the McCoy College of Business's Hooding Ceremony Friday night.  Just the two of us were able to go because Andrew's parents came into town and watched the kids.  The McCoy College of Business did a nice job.  I didn't have one of these when I graduated, so I really wanted Andrew to attend.  I was able to say hello to a couple of professors I knew and a guy I graduated with as well.  After the hooding ceremony, Andrew and I had a nice dinner together.  I cannot express how wonderful it was to be able to go out to dinner with my husband by ourselves.  It so rarely happens that we definitely enjoyed ourselves.

Today, Saturday, was the official graduation ceremony.  Andrew's parents were there and of course, Jackson and Cullen were present.  I do have to say my kids were very good.  I was able to let Jackson run around Sewell Park before the ceremony to run off some extra energy.  The well planned idea of putting Cars 2 on an iPod enabled me to get through most of the ceremony without a fuss.  Cullen was good as well.  Andrew's parents left right after the ceremony.

By the time Andrew, myself, and the kids left, it was lunch time.  We decided to do the smart thing and find a McDonald's with a play place.  I have never been more thankful for an indoor fast food play place in my life!  Jackson and Cullen were able to run around and burn off all the energy they stored while sitting for the graduation ceremony.  After that, we headed home.

It turned out to be a good day for all of us.  I have no pictures to show for it currently because Andrew's dad took all of them.  Its hard to take pictures when constantly having to tote a kid around.  I'm sure pictures will be coming soon!

It was a long 2 1/2 years, and I've never been more thankful to have my husband back!  We both made sacrifices in order for him to complete his MBA.  He gave up family time, and I took the burden of raising the kids.  It was well worth it!  I'm so happy for him!

Congratulations on your MBA Andrew!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment