Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Christmas Time!

I cannot believe Christmas is on Sunday!  I feel like it has snuck up on me this year.  All my shopping is done and most has been done for at least a month, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the feeling of warmth and family which inevitably wraps itself around me has finally arrived.  I think it is the simple fact I have spent the last week with my own family all being at home without work or school hanging over our heads.  Yes, Andrew still checks his work email and does things, but his head and heart are here at home.  We won't be spending Christmas with any extended family this year, but I have my own family that more than makes up for it.  My children are healthy and growing at a crazy high rate.  I think I have bought more food within the last two weeks than I have in the last month!  I'm very content and happy.  It's nice.

So seeing at it is so close to Christmas time, I thought I would share a couple of photos.  The first is the family picture we used for our Christmas card this year.  It was the very last picture taken.  I'm not sure how Andrew and I got both boys to look and smile at the camera.  It's a miracle!


The second is a picture of our Christmas tree.  I've only had about half a dozen ornaments break this year.  Cullen keeps taking them off.  Jackson then grabs them out of Cullen's hands, brings them to me, and tells me Cullen took it off.  And the tattle telling has already started.  The boys have only managed to try to unwrap one present under the tree.  I was able to stop it before any real damage was done.  Although, they do enjoy stacking the presents like their blocks.


A Merry Christmas to you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment