Friday, December 2, 2011

My Son's Obsession with Football

Specifically college football.

Jackson in his ready stance
It seems Jackson has become obsessed with sports at an early age, especially football.  This really isn't a surprise to me at all.  All boys seem to fall in love with sports.  I just didn't expect it to happen at the ripe old age of 2.

How am I sure about this?  Jackson learned the word football.  Yes.  Andrew and I were flat out shocked when we finally figured this out a couple of weekends ago.  When searching the guide on our TV for something to watch, he pointed to it and said, "College Football." when it came up on the screen.  At first we thought it was a fluke or he might have heard one of us say something.  It took a few times, but he actually recognizes the word football on the TV guide and on paper.  Jackson saw a game was being played last night on ESPN and got upset when I didn't put it on it.  I was nowhere near selecting the game, but he saw it and wanted to watch football.  Crazy!  I'll only mention the tackling and clothes lining of his brother that he has picked up.

The sports obsession has started and will not end any time soon.  At least he's learned to yell, "Geaux Tigers! Touchdown!" at an early age!

No comments:

Post a Comment