Friday, January 13, 2012

How do these things happen to me?

I had three rather amusing things happen yesterday.

1)  I had just walked into the gym with Cullen in my arms and Jackson walking beside me.  It was cold out yesterday, so I had both boys bundled up and hats on their heads.  We walked into the gym rather quickly because the wind was something fierce as well.  As I was walking up to the front desk to check in, Jackson decided to run up to it ahead of me.  I'm not sure why, but he literally ran head first into the desk.  With a loud thunk to accompany it.  Being the concerned mother I am, I waited, for about 3 seconds, before starting to snicker then full out laugh.  Jackson just lifted up his hat, looked at me with concern, and stood up.  A personal trainer, who was kind enough to hold the door open for us, saw me laughing and started laughing too.  Its like he was waiting for me to laugh to make sure it was OK.  I didn't stop laughing for a few minutes because it was too funny not to.

2)  While I was at the gym and towards to the end of my cardio workout on the elliptical, I rubbed my left upper arm.  I felt something weird stuck to me right above my elbow.  I started pulling it at and realized it was a sticker.  I pulled the sticker off to find a Breathe Right strip was stuck to me arm!!  A freakin' Breathe Right strip which fell off of Andrew's nose the night before.  Apparently, it had been stuck to my arm the entire morning.  I never would have noticed it if I hadn't rubbed my arm at the end (yes, the end of a 30 minute) workout in public!  I was thinking this is too ridiculous to be embarrassed about it.  Yep, I was in public, working out, with a Breath Right strip stuck to my arm!  I just peeled it off and threw it away while going to get a paper towel to clean the machine off.

3)  After dinner, Jackson and Cullen were happily playing in Jackson's room.  No more noise than usual was coming from there.  Andrew went in Jackson's room after about 10 minutes.  Andrew called for me and asked me to come and see something.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, but Jackson sitting on top of his chest of drawers was not on my list.  He was just sitting there happily playing with some clothes on the top.  Andrew picked him up and put him down.  I asked Jackson if he could show us how he got up there.  Jackson proceed to show us how he held onto the top ledge while using the closed drawers as toe holes until he pulled himself up to the top.  I have to admit I was way too impressed with Jackson to be mad.  That's impressive!  Andrew hauled him off again and told him not to climb to the top anymore.  Jackson's response, "Okay."

I'm not sure why three random, yet ludicrous, events happened yesterday.  All I know is they did, and I just had to laugh it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment