Friday, January 27, 2012

Week in Review

I haven't blogged at all this week!  My therapy was interrupted by the crazy train called my life.  Here's a quick review of what my week looked like.

1)  While I was in the middle of my cardio workout on Sunday, I was paged to the kids' club.  I go over and find Cullen needed a diaper change.  No problem, I do a quick change on Cullen then decide to finish my cardio workout with a quick 1 mile run on the treadmill.  Why do I torture myself?  I enjoy running some but not a lot.  I do it because it keeps me in shape.  It's a true love hate relationship we have.  I paid for my quick (11 minute which is fast for me) run the next day when Jackson had me chasing him in the back yard and my legs were screaming, "We hate you!"

2)  I had a hankering for cupcakes Monday night, so I baked white cupcakes with chocolate glaze icing.  From scratch people!  Yea, I roll like that.  They turned out great despite the fact I accidentally flung sugar everywhere in the process.

3)  Andrew had asked me to bake some cookies, so I also made Andes mint chocolate chip cookies on Tuesday morning.  While I was baking, I also fed both boys lunch and did a sink full a dishes.  I can multi-task with the best of them when need be.  The cookies turned out pretty awesome by the boys standards.

4)  A huge thunderstorm came through Tuesday night/Wednesday morning around 3am.  The thunder was shaking the entire house, windows and walls, and setting a bunch of car alarms off.  We were up because of the noise, but thankfully, both boys slept through the whole thing.  Oh to be able to sleep like the dead again, I would be in heaven!

5)  Wednesday morning, Cullen thought it would be a good idea to sit in the dogs' full water bowl after he had just pooped in his diaper.  Gross!  Enough said.

6)  I was going through a kitchen drawer Thursday night and found a few Mardi Gras beads from last year.  I put them on the counter and Jackson found them.  He decided to wear them which is fine, but he also decided Mea needed to wear Mardi Gras beads as well.  Yet another diamond in Mea's heavenly doggie crown.



6)  Thursday afternoon, a quick trip to the vet was unexpectedly thrown into the mix after Thibie's colitis acted up.  It might have had something to do with Jackson going into the pantry (behind my back), getting the bag of marshmallows out, and feeding 3/4 of the bag to both dogs on Tuesday.  The dogs ran outside for 2 hours straight after eating the marshmallows.  Its sad when all I have to do is call the vet, mention Thibie's name, her needing her medication, and they're like it will be ready in 20 minutes.  No last name is needed now.  Sad.

7)  My Friday morning is just barely over, and Cullen has already decided to grab a tupperware full of OxiClean off the counter (yes, he can now reach all our counters) and it spilled all over his clothes.  Luckily, he missed his head.

I hope this explains the absence of blogging this week.  Hectic was apparently on my schedule this week.  On a good note, a glass of wine has helped get me through each night!

No comments:

Post a Comment