Friday, January 6, 2012

Mister Mischevious

I've determined Cullen will be my mischevious child.  He's always pushing the boundaries, and he knows he is pushing them.  He'll get this look of, "I dare you to say no and stop me."

Doesn't this look scream "I'm up to something!"
For example, Cullen loves to aggrevate the dogs.  If one of the dogs is on the couch or chair laying down, he goes up and starts to poke at them.  Literally, poke them in the paw, leg, ear, snout, or any other place he feels necessary.  Both Mea and Thibie have a high tolerance for both kids, but Cullen pushes all limits with the poking.  The dog starts to growl as he starts getting his finger close, so he pulls back and laughs.  Cullen knows the dogs do not like his game of "I'm not touching you," but he feels the need to keep going.  So, the poking or almost poking continues until a) Andrew and I physically remove Cullen from his spot b) Cullen gets bored (which rarely happens) c) the dog being annoyed gets down and hides from Cullen or d) the dog being poked finally snaps out at him.

You would think a dog snapping at you with their teeth would deter Cullen.  Not so much.  He just laughs and keeps at it until option A, B or C from above comes into effect.  And 99% of the time, it boils down to Andrew or I physically removing him and telling him no.  But Mister Determined was having too much fun and goes right back to annoying the dogs.

Fortunately for us, Mea and Thibie never try to hurt Cullen.  They just want him to stop poking them.  I swear our dogs deserve a crown for putting up with this.

Cullen also loves to take the rocks out of our gas fireplace.  He knows he's not supposed to touch the fireplace.  He sneaks over there puts a rock in each hand and usually one in his mouth.  Then runs away waiting for you to take the rock out of his mouth, so he can put one of the other rocks he's caring into his mouth.  He thinks he is so sly.  Cullen hasn't learned Andrew and I are onto his scheme and take all the rocks away at once.

And to top all of this all off, Cullen has learned to climb onto some of the furniture.  I caught him standing on a kitchen chair the other day.

Look, Mom, I made it on top of the chair!

 So, Cullen will be my mischevious child, pushing all limits.  Wait until he finds out, I was even more mischevious than he is, so I'll know exactly what he's up to.  And Jackson loves to tell me when Cullen's doing something he's not supposed to.  My secret weapon!

No comments:

Post a Comment