Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Play "Tent"

I bought Jackson and Cullen a play "tent" a few months back.  It was around the beginning of September when fall was supposed to start.  It was still in the 100s around here.  I won't get started on the ridiculous heat of this past summer.  Its at least a blog in and of itself.  Lets just say that if we have another summer like this past one, I won't be the only unhappy person in the area.

Anyway, the reason for the quotation marks around the word tent is pretty simple.  The kids may use this as a little tent, but its actually a pop up dog crate.  Yep!  I bought my kids a dog crate to play with!  And, I'm quite proud of it even though it sounds a tad ridiculous.

Andrew and I bought a pop up dog crate for our dogs when we traveled BC (before children) with the dogs to see relatives.  A former co-worker of mine suggested it because she used one for her dogs.  It ended up fitting our purpose wonderfully.  It folds up to a small little circle and was ideal to take in the car.  Well, we had to start crating the dogs at night again for various reasons, and Thibie was too big for her old crate.  Andrew had the idea of using the pop up crate instead of buying a new one.  It worked out great for Thibie.  She has plenty of room now.  A side effect we did not foresee was the boys constantly climbing in and out of it to play.

After a couple weeks of pulling the boys out of the dog crate, I came up with the idea of getting them their own play tent.  I went off in search of one.  Honestly, I looked in several different stores, several different times, and couldn't find a play tent.  Sounds ludicrous, right?  After not finding one, I thought of just buying another dog crate, and the boys can pretend its a tent.
Don't you love the static electricity's effect on their hair?

That is how Jackson and Cullen have their own pop up tent/dog crate.  Funny thing is, the boys love it!  Especially when I attach a play tunnel to the opening.

The reason for me writing about the tent now is I just pulled it out for the boys to play with again.  I had put it away for awhile.  Jackson and Cullen started playing in Thibie's crate, and I remembered I had it.  Out it came, and the boys are happy to be playing with it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment