Monday, July 2, 2012

He's home! Finally!

After two very long weeks of Andrew being away overseas on a business trip, he finally returned home late Friday night.  I have proved to myself that yes, I can take care of the boys all by myself without anyone suffering from bodily harm.  Score!

Overall, Andrew's time away wasn't horrible; it definitely wasn't easy.  Being 18/19 weeks pregnant with a 3 year old and 19 month old, I was quite tired after putting them to bed.

Add on to that, Jackson's friend had a birthday party down at the Austin Children's Museum that Saturday.  I have to admit the boys were exceptionally behaved at the party.  Granted, the museum was packed, but it was a Saturday during the summer.  I think the entire morning and trip downtown I drilled into Jackson and Cullen's heads they needed to listen, stay together, and not leave my sight about a 100 times by the time we entered the party.  And they listened to me!  It wasn't as chaotic as it could have been, and both of them had a blast.  Although, next time we head to the museum Dad will be coming.

Of course something had to go wrong, however.  Jackson picked up an intestinal virus which he graciously gave to me a few days later.  Cullen decided it would a good time to pick up a cold.  He also shared that with me (and it is hanging on and refusing to leave!).  Thibie got sick a day after Andrew left, so a trip to the vet was in store as well.

And to top that all off, our upstairs air conditioning went out on the hottest day on record in the month of June.  It was 109 without the heat index.  It was hot!  Luckily, all of our bedrooms are downstairs so we weren't dying of heat exhaustion.  Unfortunatley, this happened on a Tuesday and the repairman couldn't get here until Friday morning.  He did get here, and it was an easy fix with a just a part needing to be replaced.

With Andrew arriving back home, we took the boys to the pool this weekend.  Jackson really has no fear of water.  This being good and bad.  Good because I don't have to deal with a frustratingly paranoid toddler afraid of water.  Bad because he has no problem just jumping into the pool.  Andrew and I have been drilling into his head not to jump in until we are ready for him.  It's going suprisingly well.  He even kicks to the surface after he jumps in.  It helps we've been watching the Olympic swimming trials, and he is excited to imitate the professaional swimmers.

I, personally, am just thankful to have my husband back at home.  Although, it was kinda nice not having to share a bed and fighting over the covers for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment