Friday, July 27, 2012

Swim Lessons and Last Day of Preschool

Jackson and Cullen started their adventure into swim lessons this week.  I signed then up for group swim lessons with our local Parks and Recreation Department.  So far, the boys are having a blast.

Cullen still needs a parent in the pool with him, so Andrew took on that responsibility.  Being pregnant makes me feel like a whale, so I avoid wearing a bathing suit in public as much as possible.  Cullen is enjoying being in the water with Daddy.  He especially likes it when Andrew throws him up high and lets him splash and submerge in the water.  He comes up with a big smile and demands Daddy does it again.  I was told this is the highlight of the lessons.

Jackson's lessons are right after Cullen's.  He has always loved the water, so he is loving every bit of his lessons.  He is just learning the basics right now, but he has no problem blowing bubbles, sticking his head under water or kicking.  Of course, Jackson's favorite part is jumping into the pool, submerging under the water, and kicking back up.  I definitely have a future pool rate on my hands.

Today is bittersweet.  Cullen and Jackson had their last day of preschool for the school year.  They have about 5 weeks off, then start up again.  Jackson will be moving up to the 3 year old class.  Cullen will being staying in the 18-24 month class.  I absolutely love the preschool they go to.  I couldn't imagine a better place for my kids.

Jackson has learned so much this year, and I know he will miss his teacher, Ms. Paula.  I was trying to explain to Jackson this morning how he'll have a new teacher after today because this was the last day in Ms. Paula's class.  He started crying and saying, "No!" pretty vehemently.  It was too cute and truly showed me how much he loves his teacher.  Both my kids love their preschool program.  I'm sure there will be many long explanations for the next few weeks on why they are not going to school that day.  I just hope the enthusiasm continues for school for years to come!

As our week concludes here, I get to look forward to watching the Olympics with the boys!  Go Team USA!  And our swim lessons continue into next week and end on Thursday.  It will again be a busy week in our household, but busy is definitely better than boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment