Friday, July 20, 2012

Not in the house, buddy!

After I picked up the kids from preschool today, we came home for nap time (the best time of the day for Mommy!).  Anyway, Cullen fell asleep in the car as usual.  Jackson was wired and decided to play in the empty garage space for a few minutes.  No biggie since he's been doing it for awhile now.

I noticed Cullen had a dirty diaper which needed changing before I put him down.  I'm changing Cullen's diaper while he is completely passed out and not waking up even if a bomb went off.  I start hearing some weird noises then squeaking.  Since I have a 20 month old half diapered and passed out on the changing table, I keep listening in to figure out what the noise is.

It took me all of 5 seconds for it to dawn on me.  I knew but couldn't quite believe he was actually doing it.  Then through Cullen's bedroom door, my suspicions were confirmed.

Jackson had ridden his tricycle into the house and was riding it down the hallway into his bedroom.  Yes, apparently, it was too hot for garage riding and riding inside was way cooler.  He even was about to get a book off his bookshelf and ride with it back out of his room.

I laughed and nicely reminded him the tricycle was an outside toy.  It is only to be ridden outside and never in the house.  Not sure what made him think it would be okay to do this, but he had the grand idea and went with it.  Gotta love ingenuity!

No comments:

Post a Comment