Friday, July 13, 2012

Weekly Review: Shanty Town

It has been a busy week in our household.  I still feel like we are getting back into a rhythm since Andrew returned home.

1) Andrew and I finally bought furniture for our back porch.  We've been looking for something ever since we bought the house, years ago.  We could never agree on what we needed since the porch is on the smaller side, and we have the grill back there.  After our purchased arrived (yeah!), we had huge boxes left over.

2) Of course, the boys were all about the boxes!  Andrew made each chair box into a little house, so we have "Shanty Town" in our front room.  The boys are having a great time with there new play houses.  They are pretty rough with them (crawling through windows, etc), so I'm not sure how long they will last.  It was funny watching them get so excited over their new cardboard box houses.  But hey,  the fun lasted for hours (literally!).  I'm not complaining!  I still have yet decided why we buy toys when boxes are so much more fun!

Yes, that is Cullen's lower half sticking out of his new play house.


3) Jackson demonstrated he had quite a throwing arm with a small padded football last night.  He and I were playing catch and throw.  His aim is something to be desired still.  Especially when he throws a perfect spiral 9 times out of 10.  He threw the spiral a little wide, hit a glass on the side table, which fell to the floor and shattered ending throw and catch for the night.  Jackson was actually upset he broke the glass and thought he was going to be in trouble.  We weren't about to punish him for an accident.  Stuff happens, and a glass is completely replaceable.

4) Cullen decided to get a fever on Thursday and have it carry over until Friday.  Because it was a decent fever (101), I decided to not have him go to school on Friday.  Instead, he came with me to get my hair cut.  He was really good, and I'm extremely happy about it.  He explored the salon, dipped his fingers into some Scentsy wax (which I found out after the fact when Cullen came in with dried wax on his hand), played with his cars, and sat on my lap.  He was quite interested in the hair dryer chairs.  His fever finally broke mid-day on Friday, so lets hope it doesn't come back.

5) One of my peaches mysteriously had several bites taken out of it and was placed back in the fruit tray.  I'm assuming the culprit was hoping I would not notice this.  The culprit has not been caught.



Here's to another busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment