Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Differing Priorities

A couple of nights ago Andrew and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking after eating dinner.  The boys had already finished and were playing in the living room.

All of the sudden, Andrew smiles, claps his hands and starts rubbing them together while saying, "Two more weeks!"

I looked at the calendar and said, "Yes, two more weeks."

After I said that it occurred to me, why would Andrew be this excited?  It doesn't effect him directly.

"What exactly are you talking about?" I asked.

"College football!" Andrew replied.

I busted out laughing.  Andrew looked at me funny and said, "Why? What were you talking about?"

"Preschool," I replied still laughing, "I guess that shows us what each other considers a priority!"

Yes, college football (specifically LSU football) starts in two weeks as does a new year of preschool for the boys.  I can definitely say I am looking forward to having a few more hours of quiet alone time before baby boy #3 comes.  And yes, those few hours I am looking forward to trump college football in my mind any day.  But I am glad Andrew can finally have his college football Saturdays back.  I've been hearing the countdown for a long time.  Love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment