Friday, August 24, 2012

When it rains, it pours

At least that is how this week has felt.  I spent three out of five days in a doctor's office.

Cullen got a cold on Sunday.  No big deal, just a low grade fever and a little sniffle.  By Tuesday, this little cold took a turn.  He still had a fever, and it was accompanied by a nice barky cough with a hoarse voice.  I took him into the pediatrician's walk-in clinic that morning.  After waiting for awhile, we were finally seen to hear the doctor say no congestion had settled in his lungs, but if he still has a fever by Thursday to come back.

This Tuesday news was accompanied by Thibie throwing up her breakfast.  That was fun to find.  Then Thibie refused to eat dinner.  Wednesday morning, at the ungodly hour of 4am, Thibie threw up again and refused her food in the morning.  A visit to the vet with Thibie, Cullen, and Jackson ensued in the morning.  After our trip to the vet in which Thibie received a shot, we tried to go back about our day.  Cullen still had a cough, no fever, and was just generally not a happy trooper.  Cullen decided to get another fever Wednesday after his nap.  Now we had a unhappier Cullen.

Thursday morning Cullen still had a fever.  Back to the pediatrician we went.  After waiting for forever and watching someone get called in who got there long after me (which royally pissed me off!), we finally got called back.  Of course, both boys are running around the waiting room looking at books, the fish tank, and Jackson decided he needed to use the bathroom during our wait period.  Finally, we saw the doctor to learn Cullen now had an ear infection caused by the cold, hence why he still had a fever.  Oh joy!

After picking up Cullen's antibiotics, I had been home about 30 minutes Thursday morning when Jackson said he needed to use the bathroom.  No biggie until I hear him calling me about 15 seconds after I put him in there.  I walk in to hear him say, "Mommy I peed in the trashcan.  I'm sorry."  Not only did he hit the trashcan, he completely missed the toilet bowl and got it all over the floor.  I start cleaning the mess up when he wanted privacy to finish his business.

After he finished, I was in the bathroom starting to clean up the mess when I hear Jackson say, "Mommy, look!  Yucky!"  I walk out into the hallway and find Thibie lost control of her bowels all over the rugs in the hallway and living room and the hardwood floors.  It was everywhere!!  All over the house!  I can't even tell you how much I lost it.  I just broke down.  I was so tired of cleaning up everyone elses mess and tired of everyone being sick.  I just lost it while cleaning everything up.

On a good note, Cullen woke up fever free Friday after two doses of antibiotics.  Jackson has not missed the toilet again.

It is weeks like these that I hate being pregnant.  Why you ask?  Because I can't drink.  Yes, I desperately need an alcoholic drink several days this week.  Only 13 more weeks until my due date, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment