Monday, April 1, 2013

Egg Hunts and Easter

The last part of the week turned a little hectic.

Thursday, Jackson had his swim lessons in the afternoon.  He's a little fish and constantly asks if he has swim lessons every. single. day.  After swim lessons, we rushed home to eat, so I could take the boys to the Twilight Egg Hunt in the park.  Andrew was able to make it home in time for it to be a family trip.

The park was crazy as usual.  It was unusual for me to be on the participant side of the egg hunt.  I was the coordinator of this event in my previous job.  Andrew had Sawyer strapped in the Bjorn, I went to Jackson, and Cullen was with Andrew.  The boys had a good time and hunted their own eggs and candy.  I refuse to be 'that parent' who grabs all the eggs and candy for their kid's basket.  My two are old enough to find eggs and candy on their own.  If they weren't, I would not be allowing them to participate.  It always seems to amaze me how ridiculous the parents get at these things.  Some of them were down right vicious.  I'm sorry but if your kid is in stroller or can't walk, they really should not be participating.  Just my opinion.

Saturday, Jackson's preschool friend had a birthday party.  Jackson was extrmeley good and was able to ride a bunch of kiddie rides.  He even rode on a pony.  Twice!  He was a regular cowboy!

Easter Sunday, we woke up early and got ready for church.  After much drama, which included both boys not wanting to wear their Easter church outfits, we finally made it out the house.  By the way, Jackson was in khakis and an orange polo, and Cullen was wearing khakis and a pink oxford button down.  Nothing too unusual, but from the fight they put us, you would have thought we asked them to wear a straight jacket.  As Andrew so delicately put it, "I know you don't want to wear it.  I don't care.  Get used to wearing dress clothes you don't like.  You'll be doing it for the rest of your life."  Love how my husband puts things into perspective.

We headed to Easter Mass to only end up sitting in traffic to get to our church.  We stood still at a light for 5 minutes and got nowhere.  After getting beyond frustrated, I called my parents and asked them to look up Masses at a couple other local churches.  We ended up driving to St. Helen's in Georgetown.  Not ideal, but at least we made it to Mass.  And only a little late!

On a side note, I can't stand it when everyone and their brother feels the need to go to Easter Mass.  I mean if you aren't going to Mass every other Sunday, do you really think this Sunday is going to make that much of a difference?  All you end up doing is pissing people like me and my family off when we try to get to Mass 30 minutes early only to realize we can't even make it to the parking lot.  Think people?!

After Mass, the boys played outside and we had a small egg hunt in our game room.  Both Jackson and Cullen enjoyed finding the eggs.  Or at least we think they found all of them.  Andrew forgot to count the eggs before hiding them.

Other than that, we had a lazy day.  The boys went on a bike ride which we ended up getting rained on half way through.  I had made Jambalaya and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake the day before which made dinner a breeze.

I hope you and your family had a Happy Easter or Passover!

P.S. I did take some pictures, but Andrew accidentally broke the hard drive in the laptop.  I don't have a wire to connect my camera to our upstairs computer, so I can't download any pictures at the moment.  I'll try to get some up once I'm able.

No comments:

Post a Comment