Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"I drilled a whole in my finger...

... but I'm OK."  These were Andrew's infamous words on Sunday I heard through the wall of Jackson's room.

Back story, Andrew and I invested in the magnetic child safety locks for cabinets.  Cullen has gotten into everything, and we needed to put a stop to it.  The only thing that has worked are the magnetic child cabinet locks. 

Andrew installed them in the kitchen, but Cullen was still getting into the master bathroom cabinets.  We usually keep our bedroom door closed, but if its open, I can guarantee you will find Cullen in our bathroom.  Andrew bought some more locks to put on our cabinets.

He was doing this on Sunday while I was getting the boys dressed.  I'm fighting to get Jackson into clothes.  Yes, it was fighting because he didn't want to get dressed that day at first.  Then, per usual, he changed his mind half way through and was in a hurry to get dressed and keep playing.

So, I'm in Jackson's room and hear Andrew shouting, but I couldn't figure out what he was saying.  After getting Jackson and Cullen to be quiet (because I can't get one dressed without the other one trying to "help"), I hear with perfect clarity what Andrew is saying.

I quickly run into our bathroom and see him putting pressure on his finger.  Andrew assured me it wasn't deep, but apologized for putting a whole in my cabinet unnecessarily.  And being the good wife I am, I started laughing hysterically!  Yep, wife of the year right here!  How crazy has my life gotten where a simple, "I drilled a whole in my finger," doesn't bother me but makes me laugh.  I've done enough klutzy things in my life to warrant someone laughing at me.

Case in point.  While I was at my previous job, I was testing a staple gun to make sure it was working for a special event the next day.  I didn't realize it until it was too late but I was holding the staple gun the wrong way.  I seemed to have missed the BIG RED ARROW pointed toward my hand.  So I shot myself in the palm of my hand with a staple gun in front of my boss.  Yes, my boss was standing right next to me.  I realized what I did, looked at it, pulled the rather large staple out, then ran to get supplies to stop the bleeding.  And to top all that off, I was the safety and risk manager of the building!  I had to file and sign my own accident report.  Not only that, but the safety coordinator I filed the report to called me the next day trying not to laugh!  I am super talented.  And just so you know, it really hurts to get shot with a staple gun.

I hope you had a good laugh at my expense because I couldn't stop laughing at myself while writing this because I know how ridiculous it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment