Monday, May 7, 2012

In My Dreams

I was exhausted by the time I went to bed on Friday night.  I turned off my lamp and was probably asleep in less than a minute.

When I woke up, I noticed it was unusually bright.  I had woken up, but hadn't opened my eyes yet.  I could still tell sunlight poured into the bedroom windows.  First thing I thought of was, it had to be close to 8am.  Not the normal 6:30am darkness Jackson usually wakes me up too because he's hungry.

I couldn't believe the kids had let us sleep in!  I can't even remember the last time both kids slept in and until 8am!  I was in heaven!

As I opened my eyes to this wonderful bliss, I noticed something wasn't right.  The light in our bedroom didn't look right.  As my brain caught up to what my eyes were seeing, it dawned on me that I wasn't looking at sunlight.  This was artificial light coming from Andrew's nightstand.  I rolled over to see the time.  It was 11:45pm Friday night.  Yep, still Friday night!

I couldn't believe it!  I knew both kids sleeping into until sunlight was pouring into our room was too good to be true.  My mind was so exhausted and excited about the possibility of sleeping in, I somehow conjured this alternate reality for 20 seconds.  After discovering this disappointment, I rolled back over and fell asleep.

My actual Saturday morning started at 6:20am with Jackson waking me up because he was hungry.  Cullen woke up at 7am.  Reality is never as good as my subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment