Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Spoons!

Spoons are a new hot commodity in my house these days.  Jackson has been eating with a spoon and fork for awhile.  Cullen, on the other hand, has become quite the spoonaholic when it comes to eating.  If he sees you and anyone else at the table eating with a utensil, he has to have a spoon.

It's become quite amusing, ridiculous, and irritating all at the same time.  I love the fact Cullen's growing up and learning new skills.  He hasn't fully figured out how to maneuver the spoon to its full potential, but he comprehends the concept.  For example, this morning we were eating pancakes.  Jackson was perfectly happy eating his pancake at the table next to me.  Cullen had just gotten his pancake cut up, but started leaning back, pointing to the utensil drawer, and saying, "Spoon" as best as he could.  He refused to even eat the pancake until I got him a spoon.  After putting a spoon in front of him, Cullen proceeded to pick up a piece of pancake, put it on his spoon, then bring the spoon to his mouth and eat the pancake.  Followed by a good "mmm" just to make sure everyone knew he liked it.

While all of this seems great, it can be irritating as well.  Its all part of growing up.  Although, I swear I am learning more patience (and in some days truly having little to none) than my kids are.

No comments:

Post a Comment