Friday, May 4, 2012

O Blessed Nap Time

Nap time in my house is sacred (or at least it is to me).  It is one of the few times it is actually quiet enough where I can hear my own thoughts.  I can take a time out from the craziness of the day to sit down, relax, and enjoy the silence.

Most of the time, nap time goes fairly decently.  But, it's days like today when I really wish nap time would last for 12 hours, so I can just have a break.

Today, nap time lasted 1 hour.  Normally, both boys sleep for at least a good 2 - 2 1/2 hours.  The boys really do need a long nap.  My kids are just happier with longer naps.  Mom is a lot happier with longer naps too!

With the nearly non-existent naps today, I realized how much I really do look forward to having those nice, quiet moments.  I can sit down, relax, read a book, or catch up on a few things around the house.  I can get so many things done without have two little boys clinging to me or 'helping.'  My brain seems to need the down time just to recharge and reboot.

Thank you nap time for allowing me a few moments to relax every day.  I seem to forget how much I miss it until days like today where I don't get it.  It will be a very sad day in this household when my children stop taking naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment