Friday, May 11, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

It's been raining here for the past few days (or week depending on how specific you want to get).  I'm not complaining, really.  We need the rain, and I, personally, love rainy days.  The thought of curling up on the sofa with a cup of hot tea and good book on a rainy day is heaven!  How I miss those days.

With all the rain, it makes getting outside to play more difficult.  The park is out because the playgrounds are going to be soaked.  The backyard is only playable if a sufficient amount of time has passed to dry out the grass.  Inside, we have been stuck for the most part.

The boys have been going a little crazy running around, jumping off of various objects.  Objects is the best definition I can give because it's not just furniture.  I didn't want to turn the TV or a movie on.  I don't have the TV on at all during the day except to play music.  I just couldn't bring myself to turn it on when I hadn't gone down all avenues of play with them, yet.

As I was washing dishes in the kitchen, I heard a weird rustle sound.  I turn around to find Jackson had grabbed a paper bag I had sitting on the counter and put it over his head.  The paper bag was a big hit with the boys!  They kept putting it over each others heads and running around the house.  After a few minutes and collisions later, I asked Jackson to bring me the bag.  I promptly cut some eye holes, handed it back, and said go play.  My eye holes made the paper bag even more popular!


This morning, after having a bad thunderstorm roll through last night, Andrew comes to tell me part of the fence blew down (again).  He was outside trying to fix it while I was making breakfast, packing lunches, and doing my best to eat.  Jackson was watching Andrew outside through our bedroom windows.

After a few minutes of Jackson being too quiet, I decided to go check on him.  Too much quiet is never a good thing in my house.  It wasn't a good thing this morning either.  A few minutes of concern and a phone call to Poison Control later, my house was not quiet anymore.  Jackson's fine.  I knew this in the back of my mind, but needed reassurance from a different source.

Yes, never a dull moment.  When a dull moment does happen, it's not usually a good thing as proven by this morning's incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment