Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mom Reflexes

My reflexes are normally fairly good to begin with, but today, I think they topped the charts.

I was at Sam's with Jackson and Cullen picking up diapers and a few other items.  Jackson had been walking by the cart the entire time.  We were just finished checking out at the cashier.  Jackson was a little ahead of me, and Cullen was sitting in the cart seat.  As I was turning the cart around to head to the exit, Cullen decided it would be a fine time to stand up in the cart and reach for something on the counter.  In slow motion ( I swear!), Cullen went careening forward to topple over the handle bar for the cart and start his slow decent to a concrete floor.  I, literally, swooped in with my arms and caught him right as he was falling over the handle bar.

As I'm catching Cullen, I hear the cashier lady gasp in sheer horror at what she was witnessing, and Cullen starting to cry out realizing what was about to happen.  I catch him, flip him over, cuddle him for a few seconds then dump him right back into the cart.  After multiple reassurances from me to the cashier he was fine, I headed out the door.

I really think sometimes I have super reflexes just to stop the inevitable crazy and random events in which the boys grace my life with.  Without them, I think we would see our pediatrician way more than necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment