Friday, December 7, 2012

Craziness Recap

I haven't done any kind of recap or funny short stories in awhile.  Mainly because every time something happens, I don't have the time (or energy) to jot it down.  I'm usually running after someone or busy with some mundane household chore to really blog about it.  So here we go.

1)  Nothing says yes, you are a Mom of a newborn/baby again like being spit up on and having the spit up go down the front of your shirt.  Or in your hair.  Or all over your sleeve.  You get the idea.  The front of the shirt was bad enough because it just grotesquely slithered down, and I wasn't in a position to change my shirt immediately.  And nothing reminds you more that you are a mom of a baby boy when you're changing a diaper and are shot with a stream of pee coming up straight at you.  At least Sawyer is keeping my reflexes and mind working quickly.

2)  I've gotten the question how is three kids different than two.  Quick example.  I'm feeding Sawyer when Jackson and Cullen start fighting over a toy or anything not important.  Queue the screaming and fighting.  I tell them to stop fighting and screaming.  Of course, I usually get ignored the first time and someone escalates the argument.  Still feeding Sawyer, I have to get up separate the fighting parties, take a toy away, send someone to their room to cool off, or something inventive to keep the peace.  All the while, Sawyer is rocking back and forth like a boat, eating his bottle, and I'm doing my best to keep him steady with one arm while taking care of the other two with the other arm.  Fun times!

3)  Jackson and Cullen are in the third row of the Explorer.  Sawyer is in the second row.  I have to climb full into the car in order to buckle both boys in while at least one of them is trying to climb into the front seat to press all the fun and new buttons!  Its like StairMaster for me every time we leave.

4)  Cullen has taken to riding anyone who lies down   I've been able to teach him to leave Sawyer alone, but everyone else is still fair game.  He doesn't understand not everyone wants to been ridden like a horse if they get on the floor.  This has led to him being bucked off and an occasional hitting of his head on the ground.

5)  I finally got the tree decorated a week after Andrew put it up.  It was an experience with lots of  'helpers' pulling ornaments off or grouping them on one or two branches.  I'm glad the task is over.

6)  As Andrew and I lock up the house and let the dogs out at night before bed, we check on the boys.  I was doing this task a couple of days ago.  I'm opening the door, and it stops about three inches after I open it.  I'm pushing it thinking its stuck on something when I hear a whine.  I shove a little more and find out I'm pushing over Cullen who decided to fall asleep on the floor right behind his bedroom door.  After I push my way into the room, I pick up Cullen and return him to his bed.  Luckily, I only received a half hearted cry, and he was out again.  Good thing we check on the boys at night.

Welcome to my crazy life.

1 comment: