Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What a Christmas!

Christmas day has come and gone.  Oh what Christmas it was!

Jackson is old enough to be excited about Santa and Nathan the Elf.  Cullen was excited as well, but more because Jackson was so excited.  Sawyer is just happy to eat and sleep in peace.

Our Christmas activities started on Christmas Eve.  I took the boys to the gym with me in the morning to get my pre stuff-my-face workout.  After coming home, I immediately started baking.  I made a kickass cheesecake.  I didn't even crack the top of the cheesecake this time, so I was pretty proud of myself.  Andrew made coffee cake for the next morning which turned out really good as well.

We went to 4pm Christmas Eve Mass.  We had to wake the boys up early from their naps to get ready and arrive at church early.  We got there at 3:30pm and the church was already full.  Crazy!  We moseyed on over to the parish hall which was practically empty and found seats.  As our priest stated at the beginning of Mass, if Jesus can be born in a barn, we can celebrate Christmas Eve Mass in the parish hall on plastic chairs.

After Mass, I started making dinner.  Its become tradition with Andrew and I to have shrimp and grits as a Christmas Eve dinner.  I have made it now for the past 4 years.  After dinner,  Jackson and Cullen spread out their reindeer food in the front lawn.  Jackson and Cullen then picked out two cookies each for Santa.  Andrew helped put out the glass of milk.  After all the preparations for Santa were done, the boys went off to bed.  Andrew and I popped in a movie and relaxed.

Christmas morning, we were woken up at 7am by Cullen who insisted on watching choos choos on TV.  Andrew and I got up to make coffee and turn on the wassail I made the day before.  I fed Sawyer who woke up soon after, and Jackson woke up at 7:30am.  Andrew was in the front room taking pictures of all the presents Santa left the boys when Jackson woke up.  He got to see Jackson's reaction seeing Santa had come.  It was precious and pure boy when he squealed, "Cool!"  I would have gotten this on tape with a video camera, but it broke that morning.  The red filter stopped working so everything was in black and white or blue and green.  It was completely random, but it happened.  Andrew broke out one of our digital cameras, and he recorded the morning on it instead.  We roll with the punches in this household!  We proceeded to open presents, eat breakfast, and enjoy Christmas morning.





Cullen and Jackson proceeded to play with their new toys for the rest of the day.  It ended up being a very nice day and not too stressful.  We enjoyed each others company and soaked in the day.  It really felt like Christmas when a cold front blew through.  We reached a high of 72 at 9am and our temperature plummeted to the 30s by the time night came around.  Lets not forget to mention the hurricane force winds that blew through at a constant 25-30mph the whole day and most of last night.  It was cold!  Our wind chill was in the teens this morning.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and were able to relax and enjoy this holiday!

The whole family after Christmas Eve Mass

No comments:

Post a Comment