Monday, December 24, 2012

Crisis Averted!

Earlier last week, before I had done any grocery shopping, Andrew comes into the bathroom saying, "Do we still have the coffee filter that came with the coffee maker?"

Me, with shampoo down my face, asked him to repeat his questions while rinsing the burning hot magma out of my eyes.  Finally, I hear what he's saying and ask why.

"We're out of coffee filters," Andrew states.

We both look at each other like we have just heard of the death of a family member.  I mean we were truly devastated.  I felt my morning turning into this dreadfully bad day because the thought of no coffee.

Then I had an epiphany!  "Yes, we do.  I just saw the last three we had yesterday!" I triumphantly say.

After finishing my shower in record time, I go into the kitchen drawer, dig though piles of crap we have stuffed in there, and found the coffee filters!  I swear I heard angels singing on high.  It was an early Christmas miracle!

I started the coffee maker, and I ran back into the bathroom to tell Andrew.  I was so proud of myself.  Our day was saved by the wonder of coffee and caffeine.  Crisis Averted!

And 80 more coffee filters were purchased later that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment