Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's a... New Car!

Imagine the title of this post in the a Price is Right voice because that's how it sounds in my head when I was writing it.

Yes,  we bought a new car.  Well, it was used, but it's new to me!  We bought a 2012 Ford Explorer because my car just couldn't comfortably handle three car seats in the back.  The three car seats fit in the back, but I had to about break my hand in order to buckle Jackson in every time.  After a few times and a lot of four letter words, I broke down and told Andrew I couldn't do it.

We figured we would eventually have to get a larger vehicle, but we were hoping to put it off a little longer.  Andrew found the Explorer online at our local Ford dealership the day before Thanksgiving.  He went over to look at it and possibly take it on a test drive.  The dealership ended up sending him home with the car, telling him to bring it back Friday morning and tell them if he was still interested.

Andrew drove it home, and I drove it on Thanksgiving.  After a discussion, we decided to purchase it.  It made sense.  The Explorer was only a year old and had 20,000 miles on it.  It was in good condition and at a fair price.  On Friday morning, Andrew went back to the dealership to buy it.  We traded in my old Honda (as in I've had this car since my first trip to graduate school and Baton Rouge and it had 140,000+ miles on it.  It was a good car!).

When Andrew brought the Explorer home, the boys were ecstatic to play in the new vehicle.  The car seats were placed in it and off we went for a family drive.  Jackson didn't want it to end.

I am now driving an SUV when all I have ever driven is a sedan.  I feel like a kid in a grown up car.  The thing is huge compared to what I've driven since I received my license.  Even sitting in the passenger seat, I feel teeny tiny.  I'm getting used to driving it.  I'm still having issues parking.  No, I haven't hit anything other than a curb or two.  I just tend to hug a line.

Now, I am an SUV driving Mom.  I never imagined myself driving an Explorer or any SUV for that matter, but a four door sedan just wouldn't cut it anymore.  Reality caught up with me when I popped out a third child.  At least both cars still fit in the garage with room to spare.  Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment