Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Cold Hits

Weather and virus included in that statement.

It seems Texas has finally decided to catch up with the calendar and get cold.  As in, you best keep your butt inside the house before the 30 mph wind gusts blows it to the ground while it is 30 degrees outside, cold.  A cold front came through Christmas day and has set up shop here since.  While I don't mind cold weather (definitely better than 80 degree days in December), I do mind the wind.  I have never experienced wind like we have in Texas, and I've lived and visited many places.  My theory is because we have no tall trees, mountains or hills, for that matter, the wind has nothing to stop it.  In essence, it just blows hard across everything.  In the winter time, you get the bitter cold wind which takes your breath away.  In the summer, you get the blow dryer hot wind which does nothing to cool you down.  Texas weather is a force unto itself.

As for the other part of the cold, almost our entire family has been taken with the cold virus.  That is to say everyone but Sawyer and I are sick.  It started with Cullen over 2 weeks ago with a runny nose.  He never really got better, so Andrew took him to the doctor yesterday.  We got tired of the constant snot.  Good thing we brought him in because he had the beginnings of an ear infection.  Cullen received his prescription for antibiotics.  We also had a concern because it seems as though Cullen is always have a runny nose.  The doctor suggested putting him on Claritin.  We shall see how it works.

Jackson came down with the cold yesterday.  He's had a runny nose and not quite feeling himself.  Andrew started feeling sick on Christmas day and had the full fledged cold the day after Christmas.  Andrew has been fighting it ever since, and it has yet to go away.  I swear any time the boys get sick Andrew gets sick.  It's almost envitable.  I don't get it.  His immune system needs to catch up with mine.

As for me, I get to take care of all three sick boys.  Sawyer is not sick (thank god!).  I have been keeping him as isolated from the two boys as much as possible.  Last thing I need is a sick baby.

Send up some thoughts and prayers that this blows through our house as quickly as the wind outside has been blowing, and Sawyer and I do not come down with the cold.  I would like everyone better for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment