Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sleep, Blessed Sleep

I have been wavering when to share this news.  I didn't want to share it too early.  I was afraid I would jinx myself.  I believe it is finally safe to say...

Sawyer is sleeping through the night!

Sawyer has actually been sleeping through the night for over two weeks.  He started midweek the week before Christmas.  I believe it was right around the time Jackson and Cullen's preschool let out for the holiday break.  He's always been good sleeper from the start, but he started a full night's sleep before either of his brothers did.  Clearly, mom's current favorite because of this.

I can't even describe how ecstatic Andrew and I were the first time.  It was as though a chorus of angels starting singing when we woke up after 7 solid hours of sleep.  I swear I woke up in a little cocoon wrapped up on the bed finally rested, not deliriously sleep deprived.  It was wonderful!  Of course, Cullen getting right in my face saying, "Mama! Mama!" to wake me up could have been better, but I'm not complaining.

Sawyer's bed time is at 8pm when the other two go down.  He then gets a dream feeding at 10pm, and he will usually sleep until 7-8am.  I only wish I could sleep as long as he does.  Oh how I miss the days before kids and I could just sleep until my heart's content.

It's funny to hear from my friends who don't have kids.  They complain how tired they are and how construction or something else woke them up at 8am or 9am on a Saturday.  And how they need to sleep at least until 10am to feel rested.  When I hear this, it takes all self restraint not to smack them upside their heads and say, "8am!  I would kill to sleep until 8am!  10am is a long lost dream for me.  Are you kidding me?  Boo hoo! Get over it!"  But I refrain myself, somehow.  Seriously, that's like dangling a big fat cheeseburger to someone on a diet.

Anyway, Sawyer is also no longer in our bedroom.  He has moved to the upstairs room and has a little of his own space right now.  It is very nice to have our bedroom back as well.

Andrew and I are getting more and more sleep.  Cullen is still randomly waking up at night.  There is no rhyme or reason to this, so we just put him back to bed.  I'm determined to stay positive because it could be a whole heck of a lot worse.  The fact my 2 month old is sleeping through the night makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment