Friday, January 25, 2013

Week Recap

It has been a busy week in our household.

1)  The kids were off of school on Monday for MLK Day.  Since Andrew still had to go into work, the kids and I ran a few errands.  First, I ran over to Ulta because I was completely out of shampoo.  Next, we headed over to the shoe store to return a pair of shoes Andrew had bought which turned out to be two different sizes when we came home.  Ironic, seeing as I watched the sales lady take her jolly old merry time checking them, and yet we still ended up coming home with shoes that were two different sizes.  After our shoes adventure and since the boys had been really good, I took them over to the park to run around.  I ran into a former coworker of mine who has kids around the same age.  We chatted and caught up.  Its always nice to run into people that you know.

2)  Tuesday I took on three kids to the grocery store because we were almost out of food.  I normally go when Jackson and Cullen are in preschool, but it just couldn't be helped with the holiday weekend.  I will not be taking all three kids grocery shopping again unless I can't avoid it.  Not that they were bad, but it is serious work.  Jackson and Cullen were fighting about who could hold my purse or my list or anything else they deemed necessary to fight over.  Sawyer was strapped to me and ended up falling asleep.  Emptying a cart full of groceries with a baby strapped to you is definitely not ideal.  Especially when said baby is over 12lbs now.

2)  On Wednesday, I had to bring Sawyer over to the pediatrician's office.  He developed a nasty sounding cough on Tuesday, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious.  After learning it was just due to congestion he has, I was relieved.  He picked up the cold from Cullen, whose nose has been running for a few days.  That afternoon I ended up spending an hour working with Jackson on tracing his letters.  I didn't mean to take this long, but he was having so much fun.  Cullen was coloring and playing with stickers while Sawyer snoozed away in his bouncer.  Its nice when all three kids seem to be behaving at one time.

4)  Thursday morning, I took the boys to Lowe's to pick up a few supplies we needed for the house.  With Sawyer strapped to me, I found another two-seater cart, and we were off.  With everyone being good, I took Jackson and Cullen back to the park to play.  We ended up there for an hour.  I was tired and ready to go.  The boys started complaining they were hungry (it was only 11am).  Off we went back home.  The afternoon consisted of playing inside and out while I tried to keep up with them.

5)  Today has started out hectic.  Sawyer seems to only want to sleep or scream and cry.  There seems to be no in between.  And he wants to be held all the time, so he can fall asleep.  But don't put him down cause then he will wake right back up.  And he doesn't have an appetite.  I am bringing him back to the pediatrician this afternoon.  We'll see if anything has changed.  My arms are killing me from holding Sawyer all morning, and I've barely touched the cleaning and housework I need to do.  The joys of having a sick baby.

After this long week, Andrew and I deserve to relax tonight.  We'll have a drink, watch a movie or just chill out on the couch.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment