Thursday, January 31, 2013

Virus Update

It has been a very long week.  I am so ready for everyone in my household to not be sick.

Sawyer is feeling better since contracting RSV.  His fever finally broke.  He still has a nasty cough and a lot of congestion.  I have to flush his system every morning with saline drops which he abhors.  Sawyer is starting to sleep better, but is still having coughing fits in the middle of the night.  He will cough and cough and cough but sleep right through all of this coughing.  Andrew and I get to hear all this wonderful coughing at night since he is still sleep in our room.  I'm hoping to move him back into his crib with another day or so.

Jackson's cold is slowly starting to dissipate.  He still has a runny nose, but it's getting better.  Cullen seems like he is at the tail end of whatever got him.

I have been disinfecting the house like a crazy woman.  I have bleached toys, scrubbed doorknobs, floors, counters, bathrooms, and anything else I could think of.  I still probably didn't get everything clean, but I tried.

As for Andrew and I, it seems we might have escaped this time.  The only thing we are up against is serious lack of sleep.  And I am going stir crazy in the house.  I can't take Sawyer anywhere because he's still sick, and I am about to contaminate anyone.  I'm not that person.  Unfortunately since Sawyer is housebound, the other boys have to be housebound as well.  I wish I could take them to the park or something, but I don't want Sawyer out in this crazy weather sick.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers during this time.  I truly appreciate it.  I am extremely appreciative of our pediatrician's office and all the concern they have had with Sawyer.  It's not often a doctor calls you to check to see how your infant is doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment