Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2012... Hello 2013!

Our New Year's Eve was pretty sedate.  Andrew's parents came into town to watch the LSU vs Clemson game.  We lost in case you didn't know.  Jackson and Cullen enjoyed seeing their Grannie and Papa.

After the game ended and I fed Sawyer his night time feeding, being the party animals we are, Andrew and I went to bed.  Yes, we didn't even stay up to see the ball drop.  It is a matter of survival and the choice between watching the new year ring in or getting a decent night's sleep.  Sleep won hands down.  No matter what time we put the kids down, they will wake up at the same time.  Instead of having sleep deprivation, we opted to get a full night's sleep.

Andrew's parents left New Year's Day.  As for us, Andrew, Jackson, Cullen, Sawyer and I just relaxed.  I woke up and went to work out first thing in the morning.  The gym was empty which was so nice!  The boys played with their toys and went for a bike ride in the afternoon.  It was good to relax and enjoy time with just each other on Andrew's last day of vacation.

As for resolutions, Andrew and I decided to try and carve out more couple time this year.  How are we doing this?  I have no clue!  I figured we will muddle our way through this and just continue to enjoy each other's companionship and love.

I hope you have an excellent 2013!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment