Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Early Recap

It's been a little crazy the past few days.

1)  Jackson went to the bathroom, and a few minutes later called me for help.  As I was cleaning him up, he said, "Look Mom, I made a big poop.  And I made a small poop.  Oh, I made a family of poop.  It's big and small!"  At this, I about died laughing and told him to go tell Dad.  Of course Andrew starts laughing.  I walk into the kitchen and said, "I have no idea how he came up with that one."

2)  Cullen has another ear infection.  He woke up in a very unpleasant mood yesterday.  When we asked him what was wrong, Cullen pointed to his ear and said, "It hurts."  Off to the walk-in clinic he went.  Cullen has a full blown ear infection in one ear and the beginnings of one in the other.  The doctor told us we caught it early. I guess its hard not to when your child is pointing to his ear saying it hurts.  We were also told if he gets another one in the next few months we need to consider getting him tubes.  The doctor also confirmed Cullen is probably suffering from allergies which is just adding to his discomfort with a constant runny nose.  Andrew and I are considering taking him to an allergist to get tested as well.

3)  I have been in spring cleaning mode for awhile now.  It's not that my house is filthy, but I have four boys who live in it.  Boys' standards of clean fall far below my line of clean.  So I have taken it upon myself to deep clean.  I even had someone come in and steam clean the carpets.  The process is going well minus the small fact that every time I feel as though a room is clean, a child comes through.  I swear 10 seconds later it looks like a tornado has hit my house.  It's not fair!  I remember how clean my apartment used to be when I lived alone.  Everything was always in its place.  Even when Andrew and I got married, our place was still pretty clean.  Now it looks like a terrorist ransacked my house most days.  I don't have enough hands to keep up with the clutter of toys and other things that get left out.  Ah, I miss those days of cleanliness.

4)  Sawyer has officially started moving.  He rolled over onto his belly on Saturday.  Neither Andrew nor I saw him roll.  He was on his back one second, then I hear Andrew say, "Em, did you roll Sawyer over?"  "Um, no," I replied.  Then, it took me a second to realize what Andrew was saying.  Sawyer rolled himself over.  Then Jackson and Cullen started 'helping' him roll over, so we started questioning whether or not he actually did it.  Lo and behold, he did because today as I was feeding the kids lunch in the kitchen, I check on Sawyer and he was on his belly.  Sawyer's a smart one.  He realizes that he better start rolling, crawling and walking before his big brothers destroy him by pushing, pulling, and rolling him.  Survival of the fittest!  Darwin was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment