Monday, February 11, 2013

You have a dirty mind, Emily.

As we were walking to church last night for Mass, I was holding Cullen's hand, Andrew was carrying Sawyer, and Jackson was trailing along beside us.

"Look, she has boobs!" Jackson says quite loudly.

"Shh... don't say that Jackson," I said.

"But I said she, and she has boobs, Mom," Jackson says at the same decibel level with exasperation. (I've been working with him to use the correct pronoun for females beacuse everyone has been a he lately.)

"Jackson, you don't say that kind of thing," I'm whispering through clenched teeth while doing my best not to laugh.  As you know if your child sees you laughing, he'll just continue to do it because you're laughing.

Jackson's reply this time was more of a grunt/ugh sound as I open the door and walk into church.  He was looking at me like I had gone crazy.  Well, my son just shouted to everyone a girl has boobs.  I'm allowed to look a little crazy.

After we get settled into our seats and the boys situated, I whisper to Andrew, "I guess our son's going to be a breast man like his brother."  Cullen's been pulling my shirt out to look down it every time I pick him up.  He likes to see what's down there because he always has a big smile on his face  while I'm swatting his hand away.  Cullen always seems to do this in public, church especially.

Andrew looks at me with a puzzled face, "Why do you say that?"

"Because he shouted, 'She has boobs!' outside," I say.

"Emily, he said boots.  She has boots just like you are wearing.  The mom was wearing cowboy boots, and the daughters were wearing Uggs.  You have a dirty mind, Emily," he says while trying not to laugh at me.

So yes, my mind went straight to boobs instead of boots.  Can you blame me?  I mean they do sound alike, and I wasn't the only person to hear it.  We were surrounded by people walking into church who were laughing and smirking because they heard the same thing I did.  I did not go into the gutter alone!  Others were with me!  I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment