Monday, February 4, 2013

Friday Night Dog Fight

Whew! It was a long week last week. With the kids finally getting better, Andrew and I were extremely thankful for the weekend to get here.

Friday night, Andrew was grilling hot dogs while I was getting the rest of dinner ready. The boys were playing in the backyard together and not fighting too much. It was semi-nice.

After finally getting the kids down for the night, we decide to relax and rent a movie.  We crawl into our bedroom, climb onto the bed, and settle in to enjoy.

About 30 minutes into our zoning out, all the sudden, the dogs are ferociously fighting each other.  We hear snarling, snapping, growling, and generally pissed off noises coming from both of our cocker spaniels.  Andrew and I look at each other with the same expression on our faces 'what the hell is going on?'

I hop off the bed to find the dogs fighting over by our laundry hamper.  Yes, my two sweet dogs are fighting each other.  Granted, there was no blood or gore, but they are going at in pretty ferociously and with purpose.  I had a split second of doubt about putting my hands any where near them because I honestly wasn't sure if one would snap at me.  But with the amount of noise they were making, I was afraid they might actually wake up the kids.  And I would have been one pissed off Mom if they would have woken up my children.  Someone might have been bodily harmed if my two idiotic fighting dogs would have woken up the kids.

With screaming woken up children in mind, I dove into the fight, grabbed each dog by the scruff of their neck and hauled their asses apart.  Mea started walking away knowing I was pissed off and not wanting to be on my radar any longer, but Thibie apparently did not get the memo.  She started going after Mea again, so I picked her up by the scruff of her neck again and threw her in Andrew's general direction to take care of.  Each dog was sent into her respective crate for a time out, and my kids were still asleep.  And just to make this clear, the brawl happened on my side of the bed, so I was the first one their to take care of it.  Andrew totalled would have dived in first if it was on his side.  I just happened to be the lucky one.

After dismantling the brawl in our bedroom, Andrew went over to the hamper to find out what started this mess.  What did he find that started the Dog Brawl of 2013?  A dirty pair of panties.  Yes people, my dogs were fighting over who could lick a dirty pair of panties.  Our hamper was over flowing, and some clothes had fallen to the floor in front of it.  The dogs dug through it until they found it.

If you dont' have dogs, let me clue you in.  They are really gross sometimes.  This is not the first time I have found a dog doing this, but it is the first time our dogs have fought over it.  They usually fight over food or a dog bone.

My dogs got into a brawl over dirty laundry.  How weird is my life when this happens?  After Andrew discovered the source, I couldn't help but collapse on the bed in laughter.

How did you spend your Friday night?  Well, I broke up the Dog Brawl of 2013 over a pair of dirty panties.  How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment